Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Making Things Happen in the Kitchen

Would you say your pesto is the besto?
Today I used my food processor.

I’ve had it since Christmas but always found the thought of unearthing it from its deep dark corner of the cupboard a bit disconcerting.

A work event this morning took me to a nearby suburb (at 5 am thank you very much) but when the health fair wrapped up and we stumbled into the sunlight, I had a chance to catch my breath and look around. We were standing next to a Korean Costco. Best. Day. Ever.

I’m terrible at decision making, so despite the abundance of exotic foods, I hastily grabbed a few things I recognized (Kiwis! Jicama! Basil!) and tried my best not to embarrass myself or offend anybody (it was like sooo many jokes waiting to happen).

I’d been craving pesto which I knew belonged in food processor land. So I went for it.

Turns out my Kermit-green chopping machine is pretty much the least threatening appliance in my kitchen (um, hello terrifying electric kettle that hisses at me when I just want to enjoy a nice cup of tea). The pesto was 100% delicious, easy to make, and the machine's blade stayed a reasonably safe distance from my fingers.

I wonder what else I’ve missed out on because it seemed too daunting to attempt on my own…

Right now I’m feeling immensely proud of this admittedly not-so-impressive pesto endeavor. But whatevs. Go ME!

1 comment:

  1. Right now it sounds like Movable Type is the best blogging platform available right now.
    (from what I've read) Is that what you're using on your blog?
    My webpage ... bodybuilder ernährung

    ReplyDelete