Thursday, July 29, 2010

Utter Indecisiveness

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Do I want to live in a fun neighborhood full of bars and restaurants and people up all night OR do I want to live somewhere mellow and quiet and relaxing?

Do I want to live by myself and find a place close to work OR do I want to suffer through a traffic-jammed commute every morning in order to live with my best friend?

Do I want the additional safety and security of a building with amenities (doorman, video surveillance, etc) OR do I want to pay less and trust my instincts?

I'm so indecisive about everything. I feel like I should have at least a sense of what I want, but I don't. My mom reminds me how I hate driving and therefore probably want to minimize my morning commute by living close to the main road I take to work. This makes sense. But, just when that starts to sound like the way to go, my friend A starts telling me about the amazing social scene on the other side of town. Then that starts to make sense. After all, how bad can the drive home be if I come back every evening to unbeatable happy hour specials? I don't want to live alone because I hate coming home to an empty apartment, but I don't want to live somewhere I can't afford simply because that's what my friend wants. Then it's like, sure I have a fabulous luxury apartment, but I can't afford to eat. ever.

I feel like I just need someone to shake me and say "KAT WHAT DO YOU WANT?" Sometimes I can't even remember anymore...

When it comes to figuring out the future, things get tricky. Friendships can start to feel like business relationships, and the guy who works for the moving company starts to feel like your best friend. You begin to detest the family members you love, and the ones who normally drive you crazy start to feel like the only people you can talk to.

I guess, like anything else, transitions are a flip flop time. Does everyone feel like this?

1 comment:

  1. Needed to send you the little bit of remark to be able to give many
    thanks once again with the marvelous pointers you have discussed on this website.

    It was certainly unbelievably open-handed with people like you to provide extensively precisely what a few people would've made available as an e-book to earn some dough for their own end, precisely since you could have tried it in case you considered necessary. Those secrets likewise acted as a easy way to be certain that someone else have similar passion much like my own to understand a great deal more pertaining to this problem. I know there are millions of more enjoyable times in the future for folks who browse through your website.
    Also see my web site: business coaching courses

    ReplyDelete